In this work produced an alternative way to clean the earth from oil.
In the first part described the situation in the Russian Federation, oil industry, statistics.
The second part presents: the input and output processes, modes of operation of the generator, purpose. schematic diagram of the laboratory setup, describes the best mode to obtain the maximum value of the output product.
In the third part describes the collection of oil products.
- To show the method of cleaning contaminated land.
- To demonstrate the ease of getting «lost» oil.
- To identify possible difficulties.
Today oil producing industry has generated the global problem of ecological safety. In this context it is necessary to pay attention to oil spills on land that are damaging. They are damaging natural ecosystems making them devitalized. Scientific research detailing oil producing strategy, technogenesis itself has shown negative petroleum technology impacts on the environment, especially on the soil, plants and animals. The most dramatic impact is considered to be the release of a liquid petroleum hydrocarbon into the environment as well as a fire hazard [1, p. 396-398].
According to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation and the Regional Branch of Greenpeace oil and products losses caused by critical emergencies range from 17 to 20 million tons annually. It is about 7% of oil production in Russia. The financial damage to Russian economy at oil prices equaled 150-200 $ is 3-4 billion $ (without taking into account environmental harms). Each year, more than 60 categorized accidents occur. However, field hazards must be taken into consideration and then the figure rises to 20 thousand cases with environmental harms correspondingly. It is known that up to 2 million tons of oil spill on land in the Khanty-Mansijsk Autonomous District for undue crude-oil field pipeline wearing (with 1.5-2.0 failures by bursting per 1 km) .
All mentioned above inspired us to offer a method of soil cleaning-up: oil pollutants are removed by microwave beams bombarding. As a result, the light fractions are extracted with water. The process lasts by stages. The point is the linear radiant power of microwave generator and the time are installed for each stage of the process (Fig. 1).
Figure 1. Generator operating mode.
Finally, the joint fraction (mixture) is separated into water and the light fractions of oil.
Let us consider the method in details. To get the soil cleaned we put an oil sludge sample into a round-bottomed flask (Fig. 2: number 4) and choose an optimum operating mode (Fig. 1: number 2).
The various generator modes are necessary to achieve full warming up without damaging technological process. It is clear that the higher the temperature of the sample is, the higher the evaporation loss. It should be taken into consideration that the evaporation rate must not be high (above 245⁰ C), otherwise an asphalt grouting process starts. The process becomes uncontrollable for extremely high temperatures of vapors and insufficiently low temperatures of the cooling chamber.
Figure 2. Solid sections:
1 — Microwave generator; 2-connecting wave guide;
3-rezonator chamber; 4 — round-bottomed flask;
5 — Vyurts’s nozzle; 6-return condenser,
7,8 temperature sensors on Bragg’s gratings,
9 – prolong; 10- receiver,
11- computer, 12 – cooling water flow.
The following technique is considered to be optimal – the warming up has three stages:
- below 50-60⁰ C;
- below 110⁰ C;
- below 146⁰
If the temperature is higher than an established range, the power reduction is applied according to technical regulations . But conversely if the temperature is less than an established range, the power increase is established.
Figure 3. The final product.
Figure 2 demonstrates a schematic diagram of a laboratory setup. The total length of an installation is 1.14 meters. To collect petroleum products obtained the syringes of large volume are used. Figure 3 shows the final product[3, p. 399-401].
It should be noted that the product consists of water, light and heavy fractions which must be properly separated to obtain a desired result. The economic benefit estimated as the cost of electric energy saved (energy benefit multiplied by the corresponding tariff) minus operating expenditures and depreciation is $ 20 per barrel.
Thus, it can be seen that the primary purpose of our research being application-oriented (to restore wild flora), it is clear the obtained product is not able to enter into competition on the oil market[4, p. 9].
- A. Vedenkin, R.E. Samoshin, O.Yu. Zuev Laboratory complex for processing of oily waste using microwave thechnology in a Proceedings of X Anniversary International Conference on Antenna Theory and Techniques, April 21 – 24, 2015 year – Kharkiv: — Kharkiv, Ukraine: Publishing house of Ukrainian National Antenna Association, 2015. – P. 396-398.
- Министерство Природных Ресурсов и Экологии Российской Федерации [Электронный ресурс] : «На сегодняшний день выявлено почти 77 тыс. мест незаконного складирования отходов, вред почвам от этого превысил 7 млрд рублей» ; Ин-т «Пресс-служба Минприроды России». М., 2014. URL: https://www.mnr.gov.ru/news/detail.php?ID=134377&sphrase_id=536093 (дата обращения: 16.05.2014)
- A. Vedenkin, R.E. Samoshin, O.Yu. Zuev Treatment of oil sludge using microwave energy in a Proceedings of X Anniversary International Conference on Antenna Theory and Techniques, April 21 – 24, 2015 year – Kharkiv: — Kharkiv, Ukraine: Publishing house of Ukrainian National Antenna Association, 2015. – P. 399-401.
- Способ обработки нефтешлама : пат. 2 396219 С1 Рос. Федерация. № 2008147031/15; заявл. 28.11.08 ; опубл. 10.08.10, Бюл. №22. 9 с.RESEARCH OF OIL SLUDGE DECOMPOSITION BY MICROWAVE BEAMS BOMBARDINGIn this paper, we describe an alternative way of cleaning the earth from oil. The first part describes the current situation in the Russian Federation. The second part presents: the input and output processes, modes of operation of the generator, appointment, schematic diagram of the laboratory setup, the optimal mode to get the most value of the output product. In the third part describes the collection of petroleum products.Written by: Зуев Олег Юрьевич, Кешишев Анатолий Сергеевич, Шабров Игорь СергеевичPublished by: БАСАРАНОВИЧ ЕКАТЕРИНАDate Published: 03/13/2017Edition: ЕВРАЗИЙСКИЙ СОЮЗ УЧЕНЫХ_30.05.2015_05(14)Available in: Ebook